1. If you have not made a folder in your own GoogleDrive and shared it with firstname.lastname@example.org, please do so IMMEDIATELY. Click here to see a picture of my shared drive and see if I have your folder shared with me. I still have people who have it shared with email@example.com. I am trying to keep that email clear for communications from school officials and/or parents. I still have people who have embedded their folder inside the 2020 Research folder. Please watch the video that I posted yesterday if you are one of those people. I will be moving and organizing over the weekend, and I can't chase down your information every day.
2. This week we have had several assignments: Reading Confirmation, Creating a Folder, Agreeing to the Research Components, Plagiarism, Getting to Know MLA8, WR After Apple-Picking, study.com, and CR Fingerprints. (I think that is everything!) If you have not completed any of those, please scroll through the week's directions to locate and complete those before Sunday at midnight.
3. I will post a list of people who have stuff missing on Monday. I know that it is Spring Break- you do not have to DO those things over Spring Break- but that is when the information will be posted. You will not have any assignments during Spring Break; however, you would be wise to continue your research. I have allocated the week after the Break for writing the paper. I will help you with thesis statements and organization, so please don't go rogue and write the paper yet. There is a certain way I want it written-- that way it gives you a fall-back pattern in college should you need it.
4. I will be checking in your research folders to see that everyone has some research done. This is important. Everyone is working so diligently, that I will not reward those who are not. I have been so proud of y'all this week with the level of maturity, personal responsibility, and engagement that I have seen. The people who have not participated much are the same people who did not participate much when we were physically AT school. To those people, I say: WE ALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE, AND WE ARE NOT IMPRESSED BY YOUR APATHY. I will not allow the few people with negative attitudes to mess up a good thing. I talk to Ms. Jones and some of the other teachers daily, and they just can't say enough about how amazing Magnet kids have been doing this week.
5. I know that I have said this in many, many posts, but I want to make sure that each of you know how extremely impressed I am with your patience and work this week. I feel so blessed to teach at our school. I know as teenagers y'all are jaded and hate everything-- but I hope you will really stop and think about how lucky you are to go to an awesome school with the best. most caring students and teachers. I have worked in the best and worst schools in this city- and there is nowhere I would rather be right now. I know some of you may be comparing what you are doing to what your friends at other schools are doing. Just remember that we transitioned to this seamlessly, y'all already had the skills and work ethic to make this happen, and you are doing AMAZING! If I have not touched base with you yet-- I will in the coming days. I will be setting up some Zoom sessions over the Break just to check in with everybody-- not for work, but just to see your smiling faces! I'll let you know when those will be. I love you! I miss you! Have a great break!
Here is your daily dose of the class mascot helping with my work.