By now, you have read the introduction information on the home page and completed the response box to let me know that you did so. If you haven't done this-- do it before starting today's work.
- This week's Warm Read #29: Apple-Picking by Robert Frost
- Review requirements of the research paper. In your GoogleDocs, make a folder titled LastName_FirstName_Research. Share the folder with me. You will eventually turn your paper in through TURNITIN.COM, but while you are working, we will use the folder to hold all applicable parts of the paper. Go to the GoogleDoc Research Paper Components. Make a copy of the document and label it LastName_FirstName_RC. Put it in the folder that you shared with me. We will communicate using the document. There will be other documents I will upload and you will copy and place into the folder. It is very important that you name things as I ask so I know what I am looking at.
- Complete the Plagiarism Activity. Look in the Research 2020 folder for the plagiarism activity. Open it. Make a copy. Label it with your LastName_FirstName_Plagiarism. Place the copy in the folder that you shared with me.
- Review the document 2020 Research Paper Topics. Select a topic and figure out what stories, poems, authors, etc you could use to answer the given prompt/question. When you have selected a topic and figured out what works you will use, post the topic (copy/paste) and works as a comment to this post. Only one person may do a particular prompt/set of works. You may have to use the same prompt, but you must use different works. Please don't claim a topic until you feel confident that you know what literary works you want to work with. If you need help figuring what you want to research, I can help you with ideas.
- Support information for completing the research paper can be found under the WRITING tab of the website. We will complete this in a step-by-step way. Today's work (as listed above) should be done before Tuesday morning at 9:00. Tuesday's assignment will go up at 9:00 AM.